Odette Barsa Lingerie

Remember reading in Sandy's, of MyVintageWonderland, interview where she relates loving memories she had of her mother in a Barsa robe? If you haven't read the interview, it's really interesting and you can catch-up by reading it here, now:

 Meet Sandy of MyVintageWonderland 

Here's the exerpt:

How did you come to specialize in vintage lingerie?
I think I went towards the lingerie because of my mom. The best gift (that selling vintage lingerie has given me, that) I can name, is the memories (it brought back) of my early life with my mom and family in general. One of the first things I bought to resell was a Barsa robe, it was exactly like the one my mom wore. 


I hadn't seen this designer's  work, so you can imagine how excited I was to find out that one of our sellers, Toria of RetroGlamVintage, has a gorgeous blue one for sale.  I love how this works.  She brought it all back round full circle for us.   Here it is  (Isn't it a knock-out?!) :







And, lo and behold, here's another Barsa, this time a peignoir set offered by Miss Suzanne of 



And yet, another two.  The first one has sold, but the second is still available for sale by Teresas of IntimateRetreat, who has this to add to the conversation regarding Odette Barsa...

"and so you can see how Odette Barsa items changed over the years.. here is a 1940s Odette Barsa nightgown.. probably very early 1940s. It is sold but I think the change in styling is interesting:"









For further reading about the history of Odette Barsa lingerie, here's a piece written for the Vintage Fashion Guild that's very enjoyable to read.



So many Barsa's and so little time.....   I'll be back later with more Valentine's Day Favorites picks...

Until then,
XO
Kathy
Medicinew1  Specializing in Lingerie and Men's & Woman's Vintage Clothing



Comments

  1. These are all gorgeous. I love that 1940s black chiffon nightgown. There is one lucky lady out there somewhere! I am making it my mission to find an Odette Barsa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely, someone with the name Odette, should own or be selling Odette Barsas!! LOL
      And I know you will! Can't wait until you find one. Let's us know when you do, how and where. We'll keep readers updated with your progress.
      XO
      Kathy

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring my aqua bed jacket. It's definitely a gorgeous piece and I think the softness of it is a huge bonus. I was in shock when I found this beautiful little vintage piece. Thanks again for showing Retro Glam Vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you would like some background on Odette Barsa please see my interview with Nadia Barsa Bardwil Gerrity, Odette Barsa's daughter.

    Part I: http://alwaysplayingdressup.blogspot.com/2010/08/amidst-ruins-of-
    stock-market-crash-of.html

    Part II: http://alwaysplayingdressup.blogspot.com/2010/08/today-we-conclude-our-interview-with.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marge! Oops! I called you Mary at your blog! SO SORRY! I followed your links and read the 2 part interview. I loved it! It's wonderful that you got to share all of that knowledge and history. Great job! Thanks so much for letting me know about it... And continued success in your vintage shop, as well!
      XO
      Kathy

      June 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts