Odette Barsa Lingerie III: Making Vintage Lingerie Relevant

I've always argued that vintage lingerie is relevant historically, because it records women's history in a personal and intimate way.  I thanked Marge for her post and told her how much it meant to me personally, being of Lebanese decent.  I also told her how it reminded me of my own grandfather's experience.  She graciously sent me another link to an article in The Huffington Post, from  12/07/12.  Here it is:


'Little Syria' Exhibit Opens at Arab American National Museum


This is a wonderful interview with the director of the Arab American National Museum, where Odette Barsa is specifically referenced.  Now, I'm on the trail to find out more!  I sure wish I could see that exhibit.  And wonder if it's still up.  That would be FUN to go see.  If I find out more about it, I'll post it here.

Now, I'm wondering, if any of YOU, out there, have had similar experiences researching vintage lingerie.  Experiences where your ethnic make-up, is key to the experience.  If you have, I'd love to hear about it.


Thanks, again, Marge for your fascinating contributions to our blog.  The journey continues!
XO,
Kathy

Comments

Popular Posts