Odette Barsa Lingerie II: An Amazing Interview and a Update

The internet is a wonderful thing.  Express an interest in something on a blog and PRESTO! someone with information to share finds your blog and sends you an interesting link.  

For instance, take my last Odette Barsa Lingerie post.  I'd never heard of Odette Barsa  before Sandy, of My Vintage Wonderland,  mentioned her in Sandy's interview with me.  Then Toria, of Retro Glam Vintage, offered one of Odette Barsa's signature bed jacket robes for sale at her shop...and suddenly, I started seeing Odette Barsa everywhere!  I was so curious about the designer.

Interview with Nadia Barsa Bardwil Gerrity

After I wrote that post about my new interest in Odette Barsa lingerie, several months later, and just a few days ago, I received a comment from a fellow blogger, Marge of Mod Mary's Vintage, telling me she had a 2 part interview, posted on her blog, Playing Dress Up All Day Long, with the daughter of Odette Barsa, Nadia Barsa Bardwil Gerrity (say that 3 times fast...).  She even sent me the links!

How fun is that?!  I enjoyed reading the interviews and think you will, too, so I'm posting the link here:  

Part I 

Part II 

There are  also some great photos of pieces of lingerie from Barsa's private collection and a lovely picture of Odette in her older years.  What a handsome woman she was.

This post was near and dear to my heart, because I am of Lebanese descent and my grandfather's immigration to the US echoed the experiences of the Barsas'.  I felt like I knew them! 


Odette Looks for an Odette 


And last, but not least, our own Odette, of Odette's Vintage, after reading that first blog, decided to make it her mission to find some Odette Barsa lingerie to sell in her shop.  Don't you think that someone named Odette should have at least one piece of Odette Barsa lingerie in her shop for sale at all times?!  It got me wondering how her search was going.  So, I asked!   Here's an update from her:



"I have yet to find an Odette Barsa.  I have been looking faithfully.  I know it will happen one day...I feel it in my bones!  I just reread your post and am drooling over the gowns.  I will definitely let you know when I finally strike gold."

Odette Barsa's For Sale Now in Our Shops

Until that glorious day, here's two more Odette Barsa Lingerie items being offered by our shops.  

The first, is her signature robe style from the 50's..





The second, is an early Barsa from the 40's...






Stay tuned for future updates to the "Odette looks for an Odette" saga!
XO,
Kathy





Comments

  1. Wonderful! I too have been searching for a piece or two to offer and have yet to find the right one. Many of them are so lovely. Thanks for yet another great post with such helpful information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until you and Odette find your Barsas, Valerie. Maybe they will be new and interesting pieces that we haven't seen before. It makes me excited just thinking about it! I hope I find one, too!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Valerie,

      You might enjoy this most recent continuation of the Odette Barsa Lingerie saga...

      http://vintagelingerielove.blogspot.com/2013/06/odette-barsa-lingerie-iii-making.html

      Delete
  2. Kathy you will be the first to know when I do find my first Odette Barsa. I know there's one out there just waiting to come to mama! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and here's the most recent continuation to the story...

      http://vintagelingerielove.blogspot.com/2013/06/odette-barsa-lingerie-iii-making.html

      Delete
  3. Great update blog! Odette Barsa lace robes have a soft spot in my heart. This is a brand I always keep an eye open for, it is not easy to find. Kathy, thanks for your work on this blog and all the wonderful information you post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mother, after all, is the one who inspired all these post... I'm so glad you mentioned it.
      Thanks, Baby!

      Delete
    2. Oh... and did you check out the most recent addition to the continuing story?

      http://vintagelingerielove.blogspot.com/2013/06/odette-barsa-lingerie-iii-making.html

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing the post! Really such a nice and decent information shared here with awesome stuff… 
    Generally I don't learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank you, very great article.Also visit my page
    Lingerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Jyoti, for the lovely compliment. It means a lot. ( :

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts