Vintage Lingerie as Day Wear: Cute Summer Dresses

Often times, we as sellers, acquire a new piece that, even though we know it's a piece of lingerie, we can't help thinking of it as day wear.  I think many lingerie items make interesting complimentary pieces to your main outfit, but they can also, quite easily, be your main outfit.  Some pieces make beautiful club wear and others, picnic or casual gathering wear, with the gowns just screaming to be let out into the sunlight or dance floor, which ever the case may be.   

I put together an Etsy Treasury List with some examples of what I think, would make make terrific ensembles.  All items are available for sale through our shops.  Click on the title to see them all.




Isn't that outfit just the cutest?!   The treasury shows several more, so make sure to check it out.  It was so much fun to put together.  I'll be creating more of these mini tutorials to give you further ideas of how to wear vintage lingerie as day wear.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions.

XO
Kathy

Comments

  1. I love this! So many of our beautiful gowns and short slips make the cutest maxi dresses and summer dresses. Their quality and design still stands out today. That is one reason why we love vintage--it is just as relevant today as ever. Contemporarily styled, vintage looks as updated and modern as something new and is often a better garment in the first place. Thanks again for another great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I whole heartedly agree! I am constantly picking out lingerie that would make great day wear...it's an obsession! Ridiculous as it sounds, many pieces of vintage lingerie, are better quality than modern day wear. When I first started selling, I was shocked at how contemporary some of the lingerie is. It is most certainly not all chiffon and frou-frou, which I LOVE, by the way. You make a great point. (:

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen the younger and the young at heart wear lingerie as day or evening wear. I sold a silk nightgown that the buyer let me know she wore it as a dress and she loved it! I am so glad you posted this on your blog in order to share the possibilitices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandy!

    Show me the sold link so I can post it here for our readers to see what how another piece of vintage lingerie was worn as evening wear...

    And BTW, I just love that bed jacket...all airy and feathery...the perfect jacket for a warm summer evening. Can't you just see it worn with a pair of jeans and a white camisole, too? That's a great piece for someone who is a little older and wants to try wearing vintage lingerie as day wear, but doesn't want to be too "out there" in front.

    XO
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts