Year End Favorites, continued III...

 Here's my last group of favorites.  I don't think I've saved the best for last, but you might. (:




I knew exactly which one I would choose.  Double chiffon with a 40 foot sweep?  Be still my heart.  I hold this in my mind's eye, I love it so... The epitome of high couture sophisticated sexiness.  If I owned this, I would probably never wear it and just stare at it all day.  It's that beautiful.  This piece may be my all time favorite..ever.




Now, back to the real world, and real life.  I love this slip for its real life applications and its super cool crystal pleat half cup with the sweetest, tiniest lace trim.  Worn with a deep v neck sweater or a grandfather cardigan, this is the ultimate hipster under garment.  And the crystal pleating is continued along the bottom border, too.




A sucker for an Olga gown, this one had me from the word,"Go!".  I don't know how Olga did it, but I haven't found a body type that looks bad in these gowns.  She was the queen of accentuating the positive.  Rare princess sleeves with a little added "umph" at the shoulders.  Serious sweep.  Kick-butt color.




And oh, what a triumph this Triumph is!  High waisted ruched satin panels separated with boning.  Elastic panels on side, so you can breathe... Don't send a girl in to do a woman's job!  If you need assistance, go for the good stuff.  




Love the color.  Love the wide scoop neckline with rolled tie bow.  Love the wide angel sleeves.  Love the chiffon crystal pleating.  Love the perky, little ruffled edging.   Loose fitting and comfortable enough to actually sleep in.  Or not.



          1950s Mocha Lace Gown By Van Raalte offered by OrangeWoody 


And I'll finish with what is possibly my 1st runner up for my all time favorite.  A mocha colored 50's gown smothered in lace.  Isn't it "just to die for"?  Van Raalte sure knew how to make 'em.


Well, that about wraps it up for me and my picks.  I may revisit this theme a little later, as one or two of our shop owners are on vacation and their inventory isn't available to me to view.  But in the mean time, consider this little feast my Christmas present to you all.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas!
Kathy

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts