Year End Favorites

As Editor-in-Chief (and chief cook and bottle-washer) of this joint blog, I have the privilege of perusing my teammates inventory on a regular basis (a tough job, but someone's gotta do it...) and cherry picking my favorites. Which is exactly what I'm doing today.  I'm picking a personal favorite, available right now (but who knows for how long!) from every members shop and sharing it with you here today.  Why?  Because I wanna.  And it's fun.   And I can pretend I'm buying it for myself.  And anyway...I just might...after all, Valentines Day is just around the corner...

Okay, here they are offered in no particular order of importance...and just because they are super cool...(Feel free to click on the title for links back to the item or store.)



                                 Red Polka Dot Camisole  offered  by ThedaBaraVintage 

Is there anything cuter than a polka dot print?  And have you ever seen a polka dot print cami?  This is so cool, it could be worn as a blouse.  I see it with a prairie revival skirt or white shorts or red underwear (how about the one seen and listed for sale, also!)





               Mustard Colored Chiffon Chemise with Wide Black Lace Panel by MarvelsVintage 

Why do I love this piece so much?  The color, chiffon and the wide black lace panel.  This chemise epitomizes what was so very cool about the 60's.  The mustard color, so very hip for the time (and still is), the slightly asian influence of the wide lace panel, and chiffon.  Just love it.  Sigh.


                                 Mermaid Style Tulle Crinoline offered by FireflyVintage
(Read her interview here.)

Everyone, and I mean everyone, needs a mermaid style tull crinoline.  I think Rita of FireflyVintage sums it up perfectly in her remarks regarding the piece. "Perfect for adding volume to your vintage dress or skirt without adding bulk at the waist or hip."  Now who wouldn't appreciate that?


                       Lorraine Long Hawaiian Print Sleeveless Gown offered by OdettesVintage 

It's all about the key hole at the bodice for this one, and the hibiscus flower Hawaiian print, of course.  Oh, and you can't beat the price.



               Olga Scalloped Chiffon Black Bra is Size 36B offered by MyVintageWonderland

It wasn't an easy decision, but I had to go with this sexy little number by Olga.  Is it any wonder why?



   Fredericks of Hollywood Deadstock Lace Corset & G-String offered by 2Sweet4WordsVintage

What more needs to be said? A black lace corset with the matching g-string in old/new stock with feather embellishment?  Duh.



Enjoying yourself?  That's a start for now.  I'll be back with more a little later... (:

Comments

  1. What great items! And no I am not biased because my gown is up there :)

    The VLSST has the best vintage lingerie selection, I don't know how you managed to keep this topic so condensed. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true and it wasn't easy, but don't worry...more is on the way!

      Kathy
      http://www.etsy.com/shop/Medicinew1

      Delete
  2. There are just so many great items from which to choose among the VLSST members. Thank you so much for including our pumpkin chiffon gown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Love that gown....

      Kathy
      http://www.etsy.com/shop/Medicinew1

      Delete
  3. There are sooo many beautiful items sold by the VLSST members and this team also has a great support system. Thanks for including my OLGA bra in the showing of favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts